This contest, called “Globant Awards - Women That Build 2022 Edition” (the “Contest”), is organized by Sistemas Globales S.A. (“Globant”).
Globant will hold this Contest to acknowledge the role of women in the digital economy in various countries/regions and make it visible. The Contest is open to all persons of legal age who identify themselves as women and reside in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Spain, India, and Others (*) (“the Candidate”).
(*) Candidates who are residents of a country not included in the above list will participate on behalf of one of the countries or regions mentioned above. The Candidate may choose any participating country to compete in (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Spain, or India).
The call for nominations for the Contest is aimed at five defined categories: (i) Board Executive (BE), (ii) Digital Leader (DL), (iii) Tech Entrepreneur (TE), (iv) Rising Star (RS) y (v) Techfluencer (TF). The BE category will have a Global Winner, and the TF category will have a winner per country. There will be between 3 and 5 finalists per country in the DL, RS, and TE categories and a single winner per country will be chosen from each category (the “Regional Winners”). Each local panel of judges will select finalists from among the "Regional Winners,” taking into account the requirements and criteria of each category to make the list of Global finalists (between 10 and 20). After that, a global final will be held among the finalists of the “Regional Winners” category, in which a single winner per category will be chosen (the “Global Winner”) by the global judging panel.
The Regional Winners and the Global Winners will be picked by a panel of at least 8 judges chosen by Globant. The selection criteria for the winners will be determined per the standards defined by Globant in these Terms.
The Contest will be held from Tuesday, July 19, 2022, to Friday, March 31, 2023, and will be governed by the provisions outlined in these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”).
2. Phases of the Contest:
The Contest will consist of five (5) phases:
- Phase I - Nominations
- The call for nominations and applications will be open from July 19 to August 19, 2022. Nomination or application of Candidates through the website: https://womenawards.globant.com/. Candidates must complete the required information and accept the conditions described on the website.
- Nominations or applications may be made by the Candidate herself or by a third party with the candidate’s authorization and will be published on https://womenawards.globant.com/.
- In the case of third-party nominations, the Candidate must accept the nomination, which will be sent to her via email. Once the nomination has been accepted, the information provided will be automatically published on the Contest’s website and will become public.
- Globant may modify the application deadline at any moment during the Contest duration. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- Phase II - Preliminary Selection - Shortlist
- The Selection Committee will choose the finalists per country for the Digital Leader (DL), Rising Star (RS), and Tech Entrepreneur (TE) categories based on the criteria set forth in Section 4 of these Terms. A preliminary selection of candidates or "Shortlist" (between 3 and 5) of semi-finalists per category and country or region will be made based on the number of votes received. The Candidate must comply with the conditions of her category, according to Section 3 of this document, fit the Candidate’s profile, and meet the criteria specified in point 4 of these Terms.
- For the Board Executive category, there will be a vote among peers (the nominees will vote for each other). From this vote, a shortlist will be drawn up with at least the 2 Candidates with the most votes for the Global judging panel to make the final selection.
- Phase III - Additional Information from Finalists or Shortlist
- During this Phase, the Selection Committee can request a testimonial video from the finalist regarding her candidacy. The format, content, and term for the video submission will be agreed upon at the time of the request.
- During Phase III, the Candidates may be asked to fill out a form with further information regarding the evaluation criteria set forth in Section 4. The format, content, and term for submitting the requested materials will be communicated and agreed upon at the time of the request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Selection Committee will be entitled to request that the information provided in the forms be expanded.
- Phase IV - Finals by country
- Each Evaluation Committee will choose a Regional Winner for the DL, RS, and TE categories from among the finalists selected in Phase II and in accordance with the criteria provided for by Section 4 of these Terms. For the TF category, the winner will be the Candidate with the most votes per country.
- The panel of judges from each country and/or region will be asked to deliberate on the potential local winners. Then, the list of global finalists will be determined based on their deliberations.
- An event will be held to announce the finalists per country and/or region, and each category’s winner will be chosen.
- Later, the Regional Winners’ information will be published on the website womenawards.globant.com.
- Phase V - Global Final
- The finalists of the DL, RS, and TE categories for the Global award will be those local winners who have obtained the highest score in the deliberations conducted by the local judging panels.
- The list of semi-finalists in the Board Executive category will be chosen from the list of candidates who have obtained the most votes in Phase I.
- The Global Evaluation Committee will choose at least one Global Winner in the DL, RS, and TE categories from among the Winners chosen in Phase IV and in accordance with the criteria provided for by Section 4 of these Terms.
- A Global event will be held to grant the awards to the Global Winners.
- Then, the Global Winners’ information will be published on the website womenawards.globant.com
3. Profile of the Participants and Award Categories:
In order to participate in the Contest, each Candidate must meet the eligibility requirements for her category:
- Board Executive Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- At the time of her participation, she must be part of the board of a technology-based company.
- She must have made a transformative impact on the digital industry within her area of expertise, in the company where she works and/or has worked;
- She must be a role model and source of inspiration for other women;
- She must promote diversity and inclusion in the business environment; and
- She must have a track record and/or recognition in the STEM community, with more than 10 (ten) years of experience.
- Digital Leader Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- At the time of her participation, she must be a Manager, Director, VP, or Subject Matter Expert;
- She must be part of the IT industry and must have had an impact on it;
- She must promote women’s inclusion and relevance in whichever area she works; and
- She must have a track record and/or recognition in the IT community, with more than 10 (ten) years of experience.
- Tech Entrepreneur Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must be a creative entrepreneur woman and founder / co-founder of a startup; or an enterprising woman who manages her business offering services related to STEM through e-commerce platforms.
- She must promote women’s inclusion and relevance in whichever area she works.
- Rising Star Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must be a woman with potential who is currently working in the IT industry regardless of her academic background;
- She must be going through the early development stages of her career in the IT industry and must not have yet reached managerial positions.
- Techfluencer Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must promote STEM on social media.
- She must be committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- She must have more than 3K followers on Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
The Candidates may be Globant employees or employees of companies that are collaborators, partners, or sponsors of the Contest, or other companies or organizations, as long as they meet the selection criteria.
The winners by country and the Global Winners of the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Contest may apply but are excluded from the preliminary selection.
4. Evaluating Bodies
The Contest will have three (3) evaluating bodies that will perform their tasks during the different phases of the Contest (the “Phase”):
- The Selection Committee: it will act during Phase II to select the RS, TE, and DL categories. The Committee will select at least 2 finalists per region, which must be the Candidates with the highest number of valid votes cast and certified by the audit. The Committee will review the finalists to ensure they meet the conditions described in Section 3 of these Terms. If the criteria are not met, the Candidate may be disqualified without prior notice. The Selection Committee will consist of at least 3 representatives appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties.
- The Evaluation Committee by country and/or region: it will act during Phase IV and will be entrusted with evaluating the finalists by country, in accordance with the criteria specified in these Terms, and choosing the Regional Winner in the RS, TE, and DL categories. There will be an Evaluation Committee per country, each of which will be made up of at least 3 judges appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties. The Committee will also have to deliberate to choose the local winners. From the deliberation of the judges of the 11 countries, the list of global semi-finalists will be drawn up.
- The Global Evaluation Committee: it will act during Phase V and will be entrusted with the task of evaluating the Global semi-finalists and Board Executive finalists, in accordance with the criteria specified in these Terms, and choosing at least one Global Winner per category. The Global Evaluation Committee will comprise at least 3 judges appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties.
Participation in the Committees will be on an ad honorem basis. The final decisions adopted by all Committees shall not be subject to an appeal.
The Selection and Evaluation Committees will assess the Candidates in accordance with the following criteria:
- Meeting the admission requirements for each category, as set forth by Section 3 of these Terms.
- General quality, clarity, and completeness of the submitted material.
- Quality and clarity of her presentation.
- Professional record in the digital industry.
5. The Contest Application Process:
The Contest application process requires only the submission of the online form published on womenawards.globant.com. All information on the form is required. Each participant must select the category in which she wishes to participate and her country and place of residence. If the country of residence is not one of those mentioned in Section 1 of these Terms, the Candidate must select the country for which she will participate in the Contest.
In the case of third-party nominations, the Candidate must accept the nomination made by the third party. Once the nomination has been accepted, it will be published on the Contest’s website, and the information will become public.
The Nominations period must fall within the dates set forth in Section 1 of these Terms and will be published on the Contest's website mentioned in this Section. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
By registering for the Contest, the Candidates commit to respond to the queries of the Selection Committee and deliver all the material requested by the Selection Committee.
Lack of response by a Candidate within the specified time frame could immediately result in the disqualification of such Candidate from the Contest without prior notice.
- The awards will be granted to the Global Winners for each category mentioned in Section 1 of these Terms.
Global Winners will receive the following awards:
- They will be named ambassadors of the international “Women that Build” community, which promotes the award. This honor includes her taking part in interviews for major global media outlets, the possibility of becoming a speaker in events or a judge in the following editions of the award, and other activities that the community may undertake to empower women in the IT sector.
- The Global Winner will be granted a scholarship to participate in an online or in-person leadership training program, subject to the following conditions: (a) It is the winner's responsibility to attend or complete such training arranged by Globant. Globant is not responsible in case of non-participation or non-attendance.
- Additional prizes may be awarded at Globant’s discretion.
Globant will provide the Global Winners with instructions on how to use or access the award.
In order to receive their award, the Winners could be asked to present a national ID card and/or sign a receipt stating that they received the award to their full satisfaction.
Globant will not be held liable for any expense, damage, or loss that the Global Winners may incur during their use of and/or participation in the Program or their trip to the event, or for any other damages that may arise from or be related to the award or such Program. Globant will not be liable for the documentation necessary to travel to the place where the chosen Program will be held and/or for its costs.
Awards are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for money in cash or other goods or prizes.
- The Regional Winners in each category will receive the following awards:
- Recognition trophy.
- Participation in an international workshop with different speakers and partners.
- Invitation to become part of the international “Women that Build” community, promoted by those in charge of organizing the awards to empower women in the IT sector.
- Additional prizes may be awarded at Globant’s discretion.
Awards are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for money in cash or other goods or prizes.
7. Participation in Events:
Participation in this Contest entails the acceptance by the winners to attend an event organized by Globant within the contest dates mentioned in Section 1 of these Terms.
8. Ownership and Confidentiality of Information and Data:
The copyrights of the videos, developments, and other intellectual property related to this Contest will be deemed the property of their respective authors. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by entering the Contest, the Candidates authorize Globant to use, when deemed appropriate, the videos mentioned in this paragraph that belong to the participants in whole or in part for the purposes of advertising the Contest or future Contest-related activities in any media outlet throughout the country and abroad.
The information of the Candidates, finalists, Regional Winners, and Global Winners will be handled in accordance with the Argentine Personal Data Protection Law (Law No. 25,326) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as well as the applicable regulations on data protection. The owner of the personal data is entitled to exercise their right to access such data free of charge at intervals of no less than six (6) months unless a legitimate interest to that effect is proven. By completing their application, participating in the Contest, and providing Globant with their Personal Data, the Candidates expressly consent to that data being used by Globant to carry out this Contest as set forth in these Terms. The Candidates’ data may be shared with partner organizations for the sole purpose of incorporating such data into their Data Bases to potentially offer Candidates job opportunities. The data owner may request that their name be withdrawn or blocked from the database via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Communication and Dissemination:
All the information about the Contest, as well as the Terms and the application form, can be found at womenawards.globant.com.
All dissemination efforts regarding this Contest and its development will be made through Globant’s communication channels and those of the Contest’s sponsors, partners, and collaborators.
10. Knowledge of the Terms:
Sending the application form entails acceptance of these Terms. No claims based on ignorance of the Terms will be admitted from any Candidate. The Terms are the only rules applicable to the Contest and will be deemed known by all Candidates.
Globant may amend, at any time and without prior notice, any of the provisions of these Terms, which amendment shall be notified to the Candidates by means of the publication of the new Terms on the website womenawards.globant.com.
If warranted, Globant will be entitled to terminate, suspend or amend these Terms. Such termination, suspension, or amendment shall be communicated in the same manner as these Terms were communicated. Any topic not covered by these Terms will be decided by Globant, without prejudice to the rights to which the Candidates are entitled by law.
12. Liability and Compensation:
Under no circumstances shall the Candidates have the right to claim compensation of any kind and/or reimbursement of expenses made for the purpose of their participation in the Contest.
13. Acts of God or Force Majeure:
Globant may temporarily suspend the Contest or cancel it altogether due to circumstances not attributable to Globant and not provided for by these Terms or which constitute an Act of God or an event of force majeure. Such suspension or cancellation will be notified to the parties through the website womenawards.globant.com.
In addition, and notwithstanding the foregoing, Globant reserves the right to declare the Contest void at any time, and it shall not be bound to explain or provide reasons for such a decision. Globant also reserves the right to disqualify a Candidate if necessary.
14. Interpretation of the Terms:
In the event of any discrepancy between the content of the Terms and the content of graphic and/or media advertising, the content of the Terms shall prevail. Participation in the Contest entails acceptance of the decisions that Globant shall make regarding any matter not provided for in these Terms and any interpretation that Globant may make of such Terms, which will be definite and shall not be subject to an appeal.
In case of non-compliance with these Terms, Globant may penalize a Candidate for non-compliance, disqualifying her from the Contest, without being bound to give notice or justification. In any such event, the Candidate must return any award she may have received in the context of this Contest to Globant.
Applicants may contact email@example.com should they have any questions regarding the Terms.
15. Free of Charge Participation:
Participation in this Contest is entirely free of charge.
16. Costs, Taxes, Expenses:
All costs resulting from obtaining or using the awards, as well as any tax, fee, contribution, rate, or amount of money that must be paid or may potentially have to be paid regarding the awards, and all expenses which the Candidate must incur as a consequence of obtaining and being granted the award by country and/or region and the global award, including, but not limited to, all travel and accommodation expenses which she may incur for obtaining, being granted, or giving effect to such award, will be borne exclusively by the Candidate.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law:
The Candidates and Globant agree to submit any dispute arising from the Contest to the jurisdiction of the Lower Courts in and for the City of Buenos Aires. Argentine law shall apply to such dispute.