This contest, called “Globant Awards - Women That Build 2021 Edition” (the “Contest”), is organized by Sistemas Globales S.A. (“Globant”).
Globant will hold this Contest to acknowledge and make visible the role of women in the digital economy in various countries/regions. The Contest is open to all persons of legal age who identify themselves as women and reside in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Spain, India and Others (*) (“the Candidate”).
The call for nominations for the Contest is aimed at four defined categories: (i) Inspiring Executive, (ii) Digital Leader, (iii) Tech Entrepreneur, and (iv) Rising Star. There will be three finalists per country in each category, and a single winner per country will be chosen from each category (the “Regional Winners”). After that, a global final will be held among the Regional Winners, in which a single winner per category will be chosen (the “Global Winner”).
The Contest will be held from August 26, 2021, to March 31, 2022, and it will be governed by the provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”).
The Regional Winners, as well as the Global Winner, will be picked by a panel made up of 3 to 8 jurors chosen by Globant. The selection criteria for the winners will be determined in accordance with the standards defined by Globant in these Terms.
2. Profile of the Participants and Award Categories:
In order to take part in the Contest, each Candidate must meet the following admission requirements:
- Inspiring Executive Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- At the time of her participation, the Candidate must hold a C-level or VP role, or must sit on the Board of Directors of a company;
- she must have made a transformative impact on the digital industry within her area of expertise, in the company where she works and/or has worked;
- she must be a role model and source of inspiration for other women; and
- she must promote diversity and inclusion in the business environment.
2. Digital Leader Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must lead projects, initiatives or departments, regardless of her role;
- she must be part of the IT industry and must have had an impact on it;
- she must promote women’s inclusion and relevance in whichever area she works; and
- she must have a track record and/or recognition in the IT community, with more than 10 (ten) years of experience.
3. Tech Entrepreneur Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must be a creative woman who is an entrepreneur and founder of a startup or sits on the board of directors of a startup;
- the startup must be technology or impact-based, with impact being understood as using technology to provide solutions to social and environmental problems;
- she must promote women’s inclusion and relevance in whichever area she works; and
- the startup she founded (or of which she is a board member) must have at least 3 (three) years of operation.
4. Rising Star Category: The Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- She must be talented, and must have an impact in IT regardless of her academic background;
- she must (i) have achieved innovation through the use of technology; and/or (ii) show high potential and be a role model for her peers; and/or (iii) have a history of self-improvement; and/or (iv) have progressed rapidly in her career; and
- she must have at least 10 (ten) years of experience.
The Candidates may be Globant employees or employees of companies that are collaborators, partners or sponsors of the Contest, or other companies or organizations, as long as they meet the selection criteria.
The winners by country and the Global Winner of the 2020 edition of the Contest are excluded from applying to or being nominated for the Contest.
3. Selection of Finalists and the Winner:
The Contest will have three (3) evaluating bodies that will perform their tasks during the different phases of the Contest (the “Phase”):
- The Selection Committee: it will act during Phase II and will validate the information and analyze all the nominations submitted and the number of votes that each nominee/candidate has obtained. Each Candidate will be assigned a category based on the information provided. The 3 nominees with the most votes from each country that meet all the requirements will become the finalists and will be evaluated. See Section 6. During this process, the Selection Committee may make inquiries to the Candidates regarding their application. In the case of the finalists, the committee will request additional information such as videos or answers to questions to be shared with the Evaluation Committee. The Selection Committee will be made up of at least 4 representatives appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties.
- The Evaluation Committee by country and/or region: it will act during Phase IV and will be entrusted with the task of evaluating the finalists by country in accordance with the criteria specified in Section 6 of these Terms and choosing the Regional Winner by category. There will be an Evaluation Committee per country, each of which will be made up of at least 4 to 8 jurors appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties.
- The Global Evaluation Committee: it will act during Phase V and will be entrusted with the task of evaluating the Regional Winners in accordance with the criteria specified in Section 6 of these Terms and choosing a Global Winner per category. The Evaluation Committee will be made up of at least 4 representatives appointed by Globant, who may be Globant employees and/or employees of third parties.
Participation in the Committees will be on an ad honorem basis. The final decisions adopted by all Committees shall not be subject to an appeal.
4. Phases of the Contest:
The Contest will consist of five (5) Phases:
- Phase I - Nominations
- Candidate nomination or application through the website: womenawards.globant.com. Nominations or applications may be made by the candidate herself or by a third party with the candidate’s authorization.
- The candidate must express her consent to the nomination or application made by a third party. Once the nomination has been accepted, it will be published on the Contest’s website and the information will become public.
- The Nominations period will begin on August 26, 2021, and will finish on October 4, 2021.
- Phase II - Preliminary Selection
- A preliminary selection of the semi-finalists per category and per country or region will be made on the basis of the number of votes received, the profile of the Candidate, and the criteria specified in Section 6 of these Terms.
- Phase III - Shortlist
- The Selection Committee will request additional information from the Candidates, which information will be necessary to take part in this Phase.
- Each semi-finalist will be asked to express their consent to participating in the semi-finals and to submit a 1.5-minute video stating the reasons for her application. Additional information, such as answers to a questionnaire, may be required.
- The announcement of the semi-finalists and the dissemination of their videos will be made through Globant’s communication channels.
- The Selection Committee will choose the finalists per country and per category on the basis of the criteria set forth in Section 6 of these Terms.
- Phase IV - Finals per country
- Each Evaluation Committee will choose a Regional Winner per category from among the finalists chosen in Phase III and in accordance with the criteria provided for by Section 6 of these Terms.
- An event will be held to announce the finalists per country and/or region and each category’s winner will be chosen.
- Later, the Regional Winners’ information will be published on the website womenawards.globant.com.
Phase V - Global Final
- The winners from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and India will be the semi-finalists of the Contest.
- The Global Evaluation Committee will choose a Global Winner per category from among the Regional Winners chosen in Phase IV and in accordance with the criteria provided for by Section 6 of these Terms.
- An event will be held to announce the Regional Winners, as well as the final selection of the Global Winner by the Global Evaluation Committee.
- Later, the Global Winners’ information will be published on the website womenawards.globant.com
5. The Contest Application Process:
The Contest application process requires only the submission in full of the online form mentioned in Section 4 of these Terms. By merely entering the Contest, the Candidates consent to answer any inquiries that may be made by the Selection Committee and to submit a 1.5-minute video during Phase III, within the time period set forth in Section 1. Lack of response by a Candidate within the specified time frame will immediately result in the disqualification of such Candidate from the Contest.
The Contest application period will be from August 26, 2021, to October 4, 2021 (such date included). No applications to the Contest will be admitted once the applications period has elapsed.
6. Selection Criteria and Evaluation of Applications:
The Candidates will be evaluated by the Selection and Evaluation Committees in accordance with the following criteria:
- Meeting the admission requirements for each category, as set forth by Section 2 of these Terms.
- Leadership experience in their area of expertise or within teams.
- Ability to make an impact on their area.
- General quality and clarity of the submitted material.
- Academic background.
- Quality and clarity of her presentation.
- Professional career.
7.a Awards will be granted to the Global Winners of the following categories: (i) Inspiring Executive, (ii) Digital Leader, (iii) Tech Entrepreneur, (iv) Rising Star.
Global Winners will receive the following awards:
- Certificate of recognition.
- They will be named ambassadors of the international “Women that Build” community, which promotes the award. This honor includes her taking part in interviews for the main global media outlets, the possibility of becoming a speaker in events or a juror in the following editions of the award, and other activities that the community may undertake to empower women in the IT sector.
- The Global Winner will be granted a scholarship to participate in an online or in-person Executive Program, subject to the following conditions: (a) Attendance to the chosen Executive Program will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Executive Program that may eventually be published and to the approval by the organizing entity (the “Organizing Entity of the Executive Program”).
- Additional prices may be awarded at Globant's discretion.
Globant will inform the Global Winners and coordinate with them the selection, authorization and attendance to the Executive Program.
In order to receive their award, the Global Winners must present a national ID card to Globant and sign a receipt stating that they received the award to their full satisfaction.
Globant will not be held liable for any expense, damage or loss that the Global Winners may suffer during their stay at the Executive Program and/or during their participation in the Executive Program, or for any other damages that may arise from or be related to the award or such Program. Globant will not be liable for the documentation necessary to travel to the place where the chosen Executive Program will be held and/or for its costs.
7.b The Regional Winners in each category will receive the following awards:
- Certificate of recognition.
- Participation in an online Program on Female Leadership designed by Globant.
- Invitation to become part of the international “Women that Build” community, promoted by those in charge of organizing the awards to empower women in the IT sector.
- Additional prices may be awarded at Globant’s discretion.
Awards are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged for money in cash or other goods or prizes.
Should unforeseen circumstances arise, Globant will be entitled to terminate, suspend or amend these Terms. Such termination, suspension or amendment shall be communicated in the same manner as these Terms were communicated. Any topic not covered by these Terms will be decided by Globant, without prejudice to the rights to which the Candidates are entitled by law.
8. Requests for Additional Information and Assets:
During Phase III, the Candidates will be asked to fill out a form with further information regarding the evaluation criteria set forth in Section 6. The format, content and term for the submission of the requested materials will be agreed upon at the time of the request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Selection Committee will be entitled to request that the information provided in the forms be expanded.
During Phase III, the Selection Committee will request a testimonial video from the finalist regarding her application. The format, content and term for the submission of the video will be agreed upon at the time of the request.
9. Participation in Events:
Participation in this Contest entails, in addition, the winners’ consent to attending an event organized by Globant between November 16 and March 31, 2021.
10. Ownership and Confidentiality of Information and Data:
The copyrights of the videos, developments and other intellectual property related to this Contest will be deemed the property of their respective authors. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by entering the Contest, the Candidates authorize Globant to use, when deemed appropriate, the videos mentioned in this paragraph that belong to the participants in whole or in part, for the purposes of advertising the Contest in any media outlet throughout the country and abroad.
The information of the Candidates, finalists, Regional Winners, and Global Winners will be handled in accordance with the Argentine Personal Data Protection Law (Law No. 25,326) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as well as the applicable regulations on data protection. The owner of the personal data is entitled to exercise their right to access such data free of charge at intervals of no less than six (6) months unless the existence of a legitimate interest to that effect is proven. By completing their application, participating in the Contest and providing Globant with their Personal Data, the Candidates expressly consent to that data being used by Globant to carry out this Contest as set forth in these Terms. The Candidates’ data may be shared with partner organizations for the sole purpose of incorporating such data to their Data Bases in order to potentially offer job opportunities to the Candidates. The owner of the data may request that their name be withdrawn or blocked from the data base via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Communication and Dissemination:
All the information about the Contest, as well as the Terms and the application form, can be found at womenawards.globant.com
All dissemination efforts regarding this Contest and its development will be made through Globant’s communication channels and those of the Contest’s sponsors, partners and collaborators.
12. Knowledge of the Terms:
Submitting the application form entails acceptance of these Terms. No claims based on ignorance of the Terms will be admitted from any Candidate. The Terms are the only rules applicable to the Contest and will be deemed known by all Candidates.
Globant may amend, at any time and without prior notice, any of the provisions of these Terms, which amendment shall be notified to the Candidates by means of the publication of the new Terms on the website womenawards.globant.com
14. Liability and Compensation:
Under no circumstances shall the Candidates have the right to claim compensation of any kind and/or reimbursement of expenses made for the purpose of their participation in the Contest.
15. Acts of God or Force Majeure:
Globant may temporarily suspend the Contest or cancel it altogether due to circumstances not attributable to Globant and not provided for by these Terms, or which constitute an Act of God or an event of force majeure. Such suspension or cancellation will be notified to the parties through the website womenawards.globant.com
In addition, and notwithstanding the foregoing, Globant reserves the right to declare the Competition void at any time, and it shall not be bound to explain or provide reasons for such decision.
16. Interpretation of the Terms:
In the event of any discrepancy between the content of the Terms and the content of graphic and/or media advertising, the content of the Terms shall prevail. Participation in the Contest entails acceptance of the decisions that Globant shall make regarding any matter not provided for in these Terms and any interpretation that Globant may make of such Terms, which will be definite and shall not be subject to an appeal.
In the event of a breach of these Terms by a Candidate, Globant may disqualify her from the Contest upon notice by any written verifiable means. In any such event, the Candidate must return any award she may have received in the context of this Contest to Globant.
Applicants may contact email@example.com should they have any questions regarding the Terms.
17. Free of Charge Participation:
Participation in this Contest is completely free of charge.
18. Costs, Taxes, Expenses:
All costs resulting from obtaining or using the awards, as well as any tax, fee, contribution, rate or amount of money that must be paid or may potentially have to be paid regarding the awards, and all expenses which the Candidate must incur as a consequence of obtaining and being granted the award by country and/or region and the global award, including, but not limited to, all travel and accommodation expenses which she may incur for obtaining, being granted, or giving effect to such award, will be borne exclusively by the Candidate.
19. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law:
The Candidates and Globant agree to submit any dispute arising from the Contest to the jurisdiction of the Lower Courts in and for the City of Buenos Aires. Argentine law shall be applicable to such dispute.